Sunday, July 24, 2011

Meditation experiment- day one.

Ok so I must be frank with you gentle readers. Today began my journey into how meditation helps parenting. I have made a solemn vow to meditate at least 5 minutes a day, for the duration of my attention span for this experiment.

Today went beautifully, a cartoon morning with lots of amusing moments resulting from a lack of coffee and breakfast supplies. Then an afternoon of homesteading- hubby gathering provisions with 2/3 of the sweeties and I with the napping dough boy, catching up on the dishes that have been accumulating since Monday. Seriously.

A simple dinner of tuna fish and strawberry balsamic salad (made balsamic glazed sunflower seeds for the salad- yummy) and then Frisbee in the backyard.


The littles fell asleep, astonishingly easy. Hubby and I both had a nice "feet up the wall" meditation, and a prophetic Angel Card reading.

Then I ask Sugar Daddy offers to rub my back- after all the dish doing I did.  Thirty seconds later, I realize I am already pretty melted. All those pesky tension inducers had been smoothed away and I felt in touch with myself and my deepest desires... suddenly this stress relieving massage turns sensual.

...well if day one is any indicator... meditation will improve my love life at least! Being comfortable in my own skin sure does make that skin comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...