Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Love

My husband is amazing. He is such a patient father and willing partner. He puts so much into everything he does, and gives his heart openly in shared wonder to his students and I am so happy that he is living this Learning Barefoot life with me.

As he was regaling me with the tale of his Science & Drawing classes today, baby M-cube awoke and he calmly assured me that it was OK and left me to a little much needed alone time. Time to reflect on the beauty of my life, the blessings that I have- the fulfillment of dreams and promise of a lovely future.

The pictures of my day are gathered in a digital trail from my morning post here, scattered on Tumblr, Facebook and Instagram- as is the fashion of our time. A beautiful summary of a day well lived.

Look to this day,
For it is life,
The very life of life.
In it’s brief course lie all
The realities and verities if existence,
The bliss of growth,
The splendor of action,
The glory of power-
For yesterday is but a dream,
And tomorrow is only a vision,
But today, lived well,
Makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well, therefore, to this day.

And here are some pictures of the time my partner-in-life shared, with children we both love at Learning Barefoot... being about the business we are building together. He makes things fun. It is after all why I married him.

Carnivore, Herbivore or Omnivore?

Eco-system discussion notes...

Group built food web.
Hungry "seed" (bead) eating "birds"...

The pollination race begins... "birds" eat "seeds".

...Kai is bringing "seeds" to the "soil"... while Grace drops "pollen" at the flowers...

Composters slowly creating "soil".

Frenzied action shot!!

Pollinated (paper clip) flowers and their attracting "bee". (last class was on magnets- love how he reinforces that concept)
 Science was so much fun that the kids who came for drawing wanted to play this game that he made up too...





We both had a great day doing things we loved, and loving the people who did them with us. 

It's a Wonderful Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...