Sunday, October 14, 2012

Going Barefoot4Edrick

On Thursday, I wore no shoes.

This is actually not an uncommon experience for me. I really am barefoot a lot. But yesterday, after Sugar Daddy made me Google it to make sure it was legal, (it is) - I drove barefoot, I went into a 7 11 barefoot, I loaded and unloaded my van, I went to a park and I never even put on the flimsy flip flops I usually wear.

This was done along with Soles4souls, a non-profit with the following Mission:
Soles4Souls collects new shoes to give relief to the victims of abject suffering and collects used shoes to support micro-business efforts to eradicate poverty.Soles4Souls’ other two divisions, Clothes4Souls and Hope4Souls, provide the same relief and support through clothing and other necessities. 
Since its inception following the Asian tsunami, Soles4Souls has distributed over 19 million pairs to people in 125 countries, and our efforts have been publicized in thousands of articles, including the Green Guide by National Geographic and Runner's World.

How did it feel? 

Honestly I so much enjoy going barefoot and feeling connected to the earth- did you know about grounding? Here is some information I just discovered- and I am going to be reviewing a pair of the incredible sandals this company sells, as soon as they arrive. (Sometimes all you have to do is ask!)

So I can't say the experience profoundly changed my life, here in the OC it is fairly easy to do. If I had to do it all the time, I am sure I would feel differently. After just one day: I noticed that carrying a heavy load across a parking lot caused a little more discomfort. My feet were cold, because it rained and the puddles remained all day.

A few of my younger friends joined me in this show of support...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...